You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Strangest Baits that Work
08-05-2012, 12:50 AM
RE: Strangest Baits that Work
Red yarn soaked with oil of anise got me some white suckers.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Strangest bait for me .. i ran out of worms one day fishing princess point back in the days .. had just finished a cigratte and was waiting for buddy to finish up, i decided to rip the paper from the cigratte butt and then scent it with some fish scent .. Caught a carp with it Big Grin .. havent smoked in about 10+ years to try this bait again tho.! haha
08-08-2012, 10:18 PM
(08-08-2012 08:55 AM)Dseow Wrote:  Strangest bait for me .. i ran out of worms one day fishing princess point back in the days .. had just finished a cigratte and was waiting for buddy to finish up, i decided to rip the paper from the cigratte butt and then scent it with some fish scent .. Caught a carp with it Big Grin .. havent smoked in about 10+ years to try this bait again tho.! haha

Now that's something! You should post that in a UK carp anglers forum...

Can you believe the lengths they go in the UK to find the "perfect bait"!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2012, 10:04 AM
HAHA .. i recently got interested in carp fishing and back in Malaysia, all we do for carp is use the leaf of a lettuce or any green leafy vegetable ..

I recently started to youtube for carp fishing and wow .. just wow is all i have to say Big Grin... the simple corn on hook was all i want going to do to try my luck. lol
08-09-2012, 10:12 AM
(08-09-2012 10:04 AM)Dseow Wrote:  HAHA .. i recently got interested in carp fishing and back in Malaysia, all we do for carp is use the leaf of a lettuce or any green leafy vegetable ..

I recently started to youtube for carp fishing and wow .. just wow is all i have to say Big Grin... the simple corn on hook was all i want going to do to try my luck. lol

I know, it's getting ridiculous, eh? I guess it's like bass fishing here... I catch plenty of bass on the cheapest mister twister white grubs... and just have a look at what's available in tackle shops! Big Grin

[Image: logobgs.png]
08-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Not sure if this counts, but on a fly-in to northern Manitoba a couple of years ago, I caught a 40-inch pike, and for bait I was using... a 32-inch pike.

Well, sort of: I had the 32-incher on the line, when a friggin’ monster 40-incher slammed it right in the middle and wouldn't let go. Since my guide had a cradle, I landed them both. The 40 went back, but the 32 was bleeding out, so it went to the lodge kitchen. I’ve heard of pike and muskies nailing walleye and smaller fish on the line, but this degree of pike-on-pike violence was a new one to me.

*PS - this is my first post, but I expect to get a bit more active. This seems like a really informative, welcoming board.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to scotty for this post:
OldTimer (08-13-2012)
08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Welcome aboard Scotty.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
08-14-2012, 08:47 AM
(08-09-2012 10:12 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 10:04 AM)Dseow Wrote:  HAHA .. i recently got interested in carp fishing and back in Malaysia, all we do for carp is use the leaf of a lettuce or any green leafy vegetable ..

I know, it's getting ridiculous, eh? I guess it's like bass fishing here... I catch plenty of bass on the cheapest mister twister white grubs... and just have a look at what's available in tackle shops! Big Grin

I broke down and went the carp fishing route .. got some of the gears and etc (like feeder) and i have to say, I surprised myself with what I caught.. now to figure out how to post it in reports Big Grin haha
08-23-2012, 03:34 PM
(08-03-2012 12:50 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 10:08 AM)A2F Wrote:  Try Aluminum Foil on a small Micro Jig. (or even "drop-shot" style)

Works AMAZING for PERCH, SUNFISH and other panfish. Just make sure
the Aluminum Foil looks like (in terms of shape) the minnows imitated off a Sabiki Rig Smile

Welcome! I can attest to foil working Smile. What do you mean by "minnows imitated off a sabiki rig?"

(08-03-2012 10:24 AM)mountain man Wrote:  funniest bait i have used was a spoon with the handle cut off. was using it as a top water bait on the saugeen river casting for muskellunge. you had to real it in fast to keep it on top but it mad this sweet wake on the water and bubbling sound . got the only musky on the trip plus sum small mouth bass on it. funny part was it was one of my moms good silver spoons lol still have it to this day good times!!! Smile

LOL that's great! Catching the only muskie on a trip with cutlery is well worth a silver spoon Smile... to me at least. Your mother probrably thought otherwise Smile

If you google "Sabiki Rig" and look it up under "Images"... you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. The minnows of that rig are shaped almost like a minnow.
09-13-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm gonna bump this thread up Smile

I was the end of the day,we had run out of worms, and I was waiting for my kids to finish up with their casts when I decided to take the with mint gum out of my mouth, shape it like a worm and wrap it around my hook. Caught a Goby and Pumpkinseed while I waited Smile